Monday, 1 December 2008

Pip takes the mantle...


Little Pip will be three this Christmas, and I have to say that once Amber had passed away she stepped into her shoes so to speak with ease.

I admit that I was apprehensive as to how she would cope being alone, and without a play mate to look up to (quite literally in her case!). I was keen to reinforce our roles within the family to offer guidance and reassurance that it will be us as humans that guide and direct should she be in doubt.

Remember that dogs love being guided and given direction on all sorts of matters big and small. Providing leadership gives reassurance and the dog can relax and simply 'be'. I don't mean overpowering guidance, just calm and gentle when and where needed.
Should you wish to talk to me regarding your dog's behaviour, you can contact me here: http://www.alphadogbehaviour.co.uk/

No comments: